Monday, July 13, 2009

Tea at Jo's

Dinner was amazing! Simon's aunt Jo is a ridiculously good cook. The menu: roasted lamb, with potatoes, carrots, pumpkin (all roasted), grilled or seared onion, green beans, cauliflower with a light cheese sauce and a brown gravy for the lamb and potatoes. We had a choice of a red or white wine, and for dessert we had a melty brownie thing and a strawberry pavlova with chocolate shavings and a strawberry sauce to pour over it... basically we all felt completely gluttonous after the meal. And she made enough food to completely satisfy nine people....not bad at all. It was also decided that on saturday I'm going to my first footy game....I have no idea who's playing but I have been told that I will have my first meat pie...its kinda like how you HAAAVE to have a hot dog at a baseball game. Im hoping that it will be like a pot pie kind of thing, but the idea of a meat pie kinda weirds me out...we will see. So this week will be full of Harry Potter, a 21st birthday dinner (simon's mate), shopping with simon's mom and aunt jo, a footy game, probably a night in the city, and avenue Q! I'll keep you updated...and take lots of pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment